Our Baby's A'Comin!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ok well it was a pain trying to put all those pictures so I decided to start another post. After the temple there was the luncheon where we ate some delicious taco salad and cheesecake :). A few hours later we went over to Stonebridge for the reception. I was pretty disappointed when I got there to see that on the sign Stonebridge had put out front my name was spelled wrong! We asked them to change it, and first they tried scribbling out the extra E they added with a white permanent marker. That didn't work at all so they printed out a new one. Maybe I was being too picky but I thought my name should be spelled correctly at my own wedding reception! Haha but anyway the reception was so fun, and way better than I even expected it to be. The line was the fastest hour of my life, and I didn't even want to end it. I just loved seeing and being able to talk to, even if it was only for a few seconds, everyone who came to support us. After the line we did all the rest of the traditional stuff.


When it was time to throw the bouquet, I remember thinking about how at every reception I'd been to, I always stood in the back and the bride always threw the bouquet to the girls in the front. So I decided I was going to let the girls in the back catch mine. Needless to say I underestimated my own strength. I launched the bouquet and was able to turn around to see it still flying through the air. It cleared the group of girls, and someone else standing behind them caught and threw it back into the crowd.

The dancing was definitely a highlight of the night for me. I love my Dad so much and the song I picked for us to dance to (You'll Be in My Heart) has always been a song that is special to me because it reminds me of him. It was also sweet to look over and see Quinn dancing with his mom because I know she is so special to him too.
Dancing with Quinn was one of my favorite parts of the whole day too. I don't want to get all cheesy or anything but I know it's something I will always remember - I love him so much!

As we were leaving the reception our car was filled with balloons, chocolate kisses, and a farting machine :). I wish the night could have lasted longer because it was so much fun!

Thanks to everyone who was there in person or just in spirit :). We love you all!

3 comments:

Lucia said...

Cute pics! I love your version of the day! I cant believe they spelled your name wrong! I'm glad you made them change it. You look Beautiful!

Michelle said...

I love all of your pictures! And to hear how the day went for you. Thank you for letting me share part of it!

I posted a couple of pictures from your wedding, so you'll want to go and check them out (I have a few more too, if you want them. Not a lot, but a few more. I just posted a couple of my favorites!)

Richard and Tiffany said...

Your wedding was amazing! I loved every bit and you looked gorgeous!!