Our Baby's A'Comin!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Buster








Two weeks ago I had to put my puppy Buster to sleep. He was ten years old, but he'll always be my puppy! It was a hard decision to put him down, but he had a lot of health issues and was in a lot of pain so it was for the best.


I got Buster on my 11th birthday, and he was the best present of all time! For years I had begged my parents for a puppy, and I even cut out pictures of dogs in magazines and wrote a little story about how much I wanted a dog. Finally I convinced my dad who convinced my mom into letting me have one.


I had a lot of fun with Buster over the years. He knew how to do a few tricks, and he was really smart (and sneaky, which I didn't like too much!). Although it was on accident, Buster became a father! Cute little Queensland Heeler / Beagle mix puppies!





















He had his share of challenges too. When he was about two years old he had to have 34 stitches after playing a little too rough with our other dog Cinnamon. About a year later we found out he had epilepsy, and he had seizures pretty regularly the rest of his life. As if he didn't already have it tough, a couple years later he developed really bad allergies and a skin disorder. Poor puppy!


I'm glad that Buster is in a happier place and not suffering like he had to when he was alive. He really was a good dog and I loved him a lot!



















3 comments:

Lucia said...

I'm sorry

Anita said...

so sorry about this experience in your life. i know how hard it is to make that decision.
But there is nothing like the love of a pet. And that makes the tough times easier.

Richard and Tiffany said...

I'm sorry Anj, I know that was hard for you! It's good to know he's not suffering anymore though. He made some darn cute puppies!!