Our Baby's A'Comin!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Camping!

This past weekend we went on a camping trip. We had been wanting to go for a while, but our schedules were a little crazy and it never worked out. Anyway we decided to go up to four peaks on Friday. We didn't go very far up because I didn't want to be cold :). It was so much fun! Just the two of us and our dog Abby.

Blogger is having issues and I can't seem to put these pictures in order. They're actually kind of backwards - oh well!


This is Saturday morning when Quinn made his specialty, eggs! He added some steak and onions too. They were really yummy!

I just thought Abby looked really funny in this picture, half asleep.


We warmed our feet by the fire while I read Harry Potter out loud. We were also eating some delicious foil dinners.


Obviously these pictures are going backwards! I made Quinn pose for everything. He looks pretty gangster here! Ha


Arizona sunsets are the best. So beautiful!


Call me gross, but I love puppy kisses! Abby loves to give them so we're pretty much perfect together :)

She loves to follow me around everywhere, so every time I sat down she would climb right up and sit like a lap dog. She's a little big for that so it was funny to watch.

I love this guy! Spending the weekend together just made me love him even more.

Camping. No mirrors, and no one cares!


Our little campsite. A big thanks to everyone who gave us all our camping gear for our wedding and for Christmas!

We shot some clay pigeons with Quinn's shot gun. I can't see very well with my right eye so it made it a little more tricky to shoot. I tried it left handed too, but I wasn't very successful either way. I think the ratio to pigeons I actually hit was maybe 1 in 5 haha.

Quinn looks pretty studly in my opinion :). His shooting was much better than mine.


While we were shooting, Abby didn't really want to be around so she went exploring. After we were done I went looking for but she didn't come when I called (which is very unusual for her!). Finally I found her, and when she was running over to me I saw her tongue was cut and blood was dripping everywhere. It seemed like she just cut the tip of it on a cactus or something, but then later Quinn checked her out again and we found some cactus needles stuck to the roof of her mouth. It looked like she had a huge spider sitting in her mouth. Quinn grabbed pliers and she was actually very cooperative while he took them out. She didn't mess with the cactus after that!

I can't wait till we go again because we had a blast. If you are a camper and want to join us, let us know! We realized we're kind of loners when we couldn't think of any friends we had to come with us haha.

3 comments:

Hale Yes!! said...

That looks like so much fun!! You look like such a hottie (from hottington) in all the pictures!! You do not need a mirror to look hot...that is for sure!! Love you and cannot wait to see you tonight!!!

Norris Family said...

Fun little camping trip. You need one of those as often as you can get one.

Lucia said...

you guys are cute